Design Review Process
Downtown Evansville Design Review
Making exterior changes to a property in Downtown Evansville? Here’s where to start.
The Evansville Regional Economic Partnership provides assistance to those wanting to make exterior changes to property in the Downtown Redevelopment Area. Examples of exterior changes include, but are not limited to: new construction, demolition, building additions, facade renovations, changes in parking lots, landscaping, curb cuts, drainage and new signage or changes to signage. The application for exterior changes, along with any supporting documentation (see below), will be reviewed by the Design Review Committee. Upon approval by the Committee, permits may be obtained and necessary changes can be made.
Design Review Process
STEP 1: Fill out the Design Approval Application and gather supporting documentation including:
- A thorough description of the project
- Photograph of existing conditions including an “establishing shot” (photo of building/site with respect to the surrounding building/landscape)
- Dimensions, details of proposed change including location and position
- Site plan or an illustration of proposed change including view of the changes with respect to the entire building/site and the surrounding area
- Samples of colors and/or materials to be used
STEP 2: Submit 1 electronic (email) copy of the complete application packet to E-REP (Attn: Colten Pipenger) one week prior to the scheduled Design Review Committee meeting. (Please refer to a current list of meeting dates.) The Committee generally meets the second and fourth Tuesday of each month. The applicant must attend the Design Review Committee meeting to answer any questions.
NOTE: PROJECT MATERIALS SHOULD NOT BE PURCHASED BEFORE COMPLETING THE DESIGN REVIEW PROCESS.
All applications are subject to review and approval by the Design Review Committee. Approval by the Committee does not exempt an applicant from any other required permitting or approvals. Please contact the Area Plan Commission, Room 312 Civic Center, 812-435-5226 and/or the Building Commission, Room 310 Civic Center, 812-436-7879 for required permits.