Effective: June 2022
Type: Independent Contractor
Reports to: Marketing Director
- Are you a creative writer and storyteller?
- Are you passionate about the culture and community in the Evansville Region?
- Do you have a unique perspective on your hometown or the town that is now your home?
Scope of Work
The Evansville Regional Economic Partnership (E-REP) is passionate about building a stronger Evansville Region. E-REP is looking for creative and versatile Freelance Writer to produce engaging blog posts about life in the region. The position is remote and primary residence should be within the Evansville Region.
Content created by the Freelance Writer will range in subject matter and is targeted toward Gen Z and Millennials. Examples include: writing about exciting new developments announced in the region, opportunities to catch a summer music festival, ways to experience the outdoors in the region, spotlighting local entrepreneurs, etc. Position requires monthly story pitches and the ability to meet blog post deadlines. Freelance Writer will also be required to perform interviews and source digital images for stories. It is anticipated the Freelance Writer will produce 2-3 blog posts per month ranging from 250 to 450 words.
All interested applicants should submit their resume and three writing samples with relevant lifestyle content. Published articles, preferred. Applicants should also include any imagery taken with published writing samples.
Independent Contractor Requirements and Qualifications:
Education, Experience and Skills:
- A Bachelor’s degree program in liberal arts (ideally English, Journalism, Creative Writing) is preferred, but not required
- Passionate about the Evansville Region’s future
- Able to prioritize and manage schedule
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Able to meet and exceed deadlines
- Strong written and verbal skills and the able to edit work prior to submission
- Able to supply all tools, equipment and supplies required to complete scope of work
- This position is an Independent Contractor and will be required to complete a W-9.
We believe representation matters at E-REP. We strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, those with different abilities and individuals from other historically marginalized communities to apply.
About the Evansville Regional Economic Partnership:
The Evansville Regional Economic Partnership (E-REP) was formed on April 1, 2021 as a result of a strategic alignment of three existing business organizations serving the Southwestern Indiana area – Southwest Indiana Chamber of Commerce (Chamber), Economic Development Coalition of Southwest Indiana (EDC) and the Growth Alliance for Greater Evansville (GAGE) as well as two separate Foundations—Southwest Indiana Chamber Foundation, Inc. and Quad County Development Commission, Inc. This unique and innovative partnership, which includes a 1,500-member Chamber of Commerce and Southwest Indiana’s two leading economic development organizations, represents a comprehensive approach to support the business community. The primary mission of E-REP is to encourage business attraction and expansion, job creation, and business investment to foster and promote a thriving economy throughout Southwest Indiana. By aligning the three organizations and the two foundations, E-REP provides a more comprehensive set of supports and services and is as the single point of contact for companies looking to locate or expand in Southwest Indiana. In addition, through effective and ongoing advocacy efforts, E-REP represents a powerful voice in promoting policies that foster a more business friendly environment throughout the region. The regional partnership with the Indiana Small Business Development Center continues with E-REP. Guiding Principles for E-REP:
- Operates regionally
- Commitment to equitable prosperity
- Small business is front and center
- Leverage the unique value of both the public and private sectors in delivering success
- Advances regional prosperity and global relevance
More information can be found at https://evansvilleregion.com
Job Type: Contract
Pay: $500.00 – $900.00 per month
- On call
Willingness to travel:
- 25% (Preferred)
Work Location: Remote