Effective: April 2022
Type: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Sr. VP of Strategy & Operations
- Are you an experienced sales professional with success using a consultative approach?
- Do you use active listening to read between the lines to solve needs?
- Are you an experienced networker and able to create long-lasting relationships?
- Does the idea of building a better community and Evansville Region excite you?
The Evansville Regional Economic Partnership (E-REP) is passionate about building a stronger Evansville Region. The Account Executive understands mission-based work and will meet E-REP’s membership growth plans and revenue growth objectives. The Account Executive is the primary person for generating new membership leads while promoting, fostering and enhancing the value and commitment of E-REP to the Evansville Region.
The Account Executive is a strong communicator in writing and public speaking, enjoys networking while building relationships, prioritizes under deadline pressure and responds to requests from stakeholders. This position is a collaborator across key functions of E-REP and possesses the ability to think creatively and strategically. This position will require travel throughout the Evansville Region and is able to work independently.
A successful Account Executive purposefully ties E-REP’s mission and value statement with both existing and potential stakeholders to deliver value for members, investors and partners while maintaining positive public rapport. The Account Executive’s everyday actions will exemplify the guiding principles of E-REP. The position operates regionally, commits to equitable prosperity, keeps small business front and center, leverages the unique value of both the public and private sectors in delivering success, and advances regional prosperity and global relevance.
Scope of Work
The role and responsibilities of the position will include but not be limited to the following:
- Effectively communicate E-REP’s value proposition of membership through conversations, proposals, and presentations.
- Prospect new membership via cold calling, leads and referrals.
- Own, meet and exceed annual new membership targets.
- Build and maintain strong, long-lasting member relationships.
- Partner with members to understand their business needs and objectives.
- Direct and improve participation in several member-oriented networking programs.
- Contact existing members for sponsorship and advertising opportunities.
- Update E-REP’s database including recording all communications with members and prospects (GrowthZone is current CRM).
- Maintain weekly membership activity reports, monthly reports and quarterly reports for E-REP Leadership.
- Retention follow-up with “at risk” members.
- Coordinate with Engagement Specialist and Membership Coordinator to update member information and connect new members with engagement opportunities.
- Co-Manage Ambassador Volunteer program alongside Engagement Specialist.
- Co-Manage Membership & Retention Executive Committee alongside Engagement Specialist.
- Support council and alliance activities as assigned.
- Support public policy activities as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: This position requires a creative, results-oriented, acquisition sales professional with a bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college or equivalent experience.
Experience and Skills: Direct acquisition sales experience and demonstrated success of 3 plus years preferred. Sales experience with consultative method preferred.
E-REP is proud to be an equal opportunity employer focused on fostering an inclusive workplace and committed to hiring a workforce comprised of diverse backgrounds, cultures and thinking styles.