Now riding a 4-game win streak after defeating the Quad City Storm on Saturday and clinching a berth in next month’s SPHL President’s Cup Playoffs, the Thunderbolts look to keep their momentum going in their lone game of this weekend on Friday night in Peoria against the Rivermen.
Week In Review:
Behind goals from Derek Osik, TJ Dockery, Mike Ferraro, Cameron Cook and Austin Plevy, along with strong goaltending from Brian Billett and Evan Moyse who stopped a combined 45 of 48 shots faced, the Thunderbolts topped the Quad City Storm 5-3 on Saturday night at Ford Center.
The Week Ahead:
The Thunderbolts visit the Peoria Rivermen this Friday night at Peoria Civic Center beginning at 7:15pm CST. Friday’s game can viewed online on SPHL TV with a paid subscription through HockeyTV, or can be listened to for free on the Thunderbolts Radio Network; via the Thunderbolts Mixlr Channel or at EvansvilleThunderbolts.com/fan-center/listen .
Scouting the Opponent:
- Record: 33-9-7, 73 Points, 3rd Place
- Leading Goal Scorer: Marcel Godbout (27 Goals)
- Leading Point Scorer: Alec Baer (66 Points)
- Primary Goaltender: Eric Levine (26-7-4, .930 Save %)
- Thunderbolts 21-22 Record vs PEO: 3-4-0
The Rivermen fell in all three road games this past weekend, starting with a 4-2 loss on Thursday in Knoxville. JM Piotrowski and Mitchell McPherson scored for Peoria. On Friday night the Rivermen lost 4-1 in Huntsville, with Zach Wilkie scoring their lone goal. Down 3-0 on Saturday, goals by Piotrowski and McPherson brought the Rivermen almost all the way back, but still fell 3-2 to the Havoc.
– Cooper Jones (Trois-Rivières Lions – ECHL)
– Games Played: 35 (1 with Jacksonville, 31 with Idaho, 3 with Trois-Rivières)
– 0 Goals, 2 Assist, 2 Point, 4 PIM
– Cole Stallard (Iowa Heartlanders – ECHL)
– Games Played: 50
– 10 Goals, 12 Assists, 22 Points, 65 PIM
– Tanner Butler (Indy Fuel – ECHL)
– Games Played: 2
– 1 Goals, 1 Assists, 2 Points, 0 PIM
Tue. 3/22: Riley McVeigh added as Emergency Backup Goaltender
Sun. 3/20: Tanner Butler loaned to Indy (ECHL)
Fri. 3/18: Dillon Radin placed on waivers
Fri. 3/18: Derek Osik signed a contract
The Thunderbolts are currently competing in their fifth season in the SPHL (Southern Professional Hockey League). Season tickets are less than $9 per game. To order your tickets for this season, call 812-422-BOLT(2658).