Facility Operations Manager
Type: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: Sr. VP of Strategy and Operations
- Are you a facility management professional looking for a new challenge while creating a positive impact?
- Are you willing to jump in wherever needed and relentlessly resourceful?
- Are you a proactive thinker able to anticipate the next step?
- Does the idea of building a better community and Evansville Region excite you?
The Evansville Regional Economic Partnership (E-REP) is passionate about building a stronger Evansville Region. E-REP manages Innovation Pointe, a city-owned building and certified tech park, that houses E-REP’s primary office, tenants, a cowork space and a makerspace. The Facility Operations Manager ensures that the Innovation Pointe operates efficiently, oversees maintenance and repairs including emergency issues, and manages tenant relationships including oversight of the cowork facility needs and makerspace facility needs. This position also manages leased office space located in Posey County.
A successful Facility Operations Manager ensures the facilities are safe, up to code, and fully operational managing contractors, tenants, and third-party vendors. Facility Operations Manager’s every day actions will exemplify the guiding principles of E-REP. The position operates regionally, commits to equitable prosperity, keeps small business front and center, leverages the unique value of both the public and private sectors in delivering success, and advances regional prosperity and global relevance.
Scope of Work
The role and responsibilities of the position will include but not be limited to the following:
Responsible for preserving Innovation Pointe’s infrastructure including but not limited to:
- Building maintenance, refurbishments, and renovations
- Facility inspections
- Equipment repairs
- Internet access
- Phone system
- Security system
- Building access controls
- Elevator system
- Cleaning services and suppliers
- Energy efficiency
- Fire security and controls
- Government regulations and environmental, health and security standards.
- Procure and manage contractor and vendor relationships for Innovation Pointe facility including maximizing cost-effectiveness.
- Maintain capital improvement projects list by proactively identifying capital. improvements to review with Innovation Pointe Building Committee and recommend capital maintenance priorities to E-REP leadership team.
- Implement capital improvement projects approved by E-REP leadership team.
- Manage Innovation Pointe department operating budget.
- Generate reports including break-even analysis for Innovation Pointe and forecasting report.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies or urgent issues as they arise, implement solutions, and serve as main point of contact for emergency personnel.
- Secure and maintain all commercial insurance policies for Innovation Pointe, E-REP, and its connected organizations.
- Assist in providing reports necessary to maintain Certified Technology Park status and potential funding.
- Lead Innovation Pointe Building Committee with input from E-REP Leadership team.
- Expand knowledge and identify revenue generation opportunities for E-REP utilizing Innovation Pointe as an asset.
- Manage vendor relationships for IT services, phones, equipment, postage meter, server, etc.
- Coordinate IT services for maintaining technology, troubleshooting issues, coordinating repairs. This includes servers, phones, conference rooms, office equipment, emails, computers, televisions, etc.
- Maintain listing of E-REP equipment and recommendations for technology improvements including monitoring performance of network devices and system capacity.
- Assist with E-REP employee onboarding and offboarding related to facility access and technology needs.
- Maintain Posey County leased office space.
Innovation Pointe Tenants
Responsible for managing Innovation Pointe Tenants including but not limited to:
- Increase tenant occupancy levels at market rates by actively marketing the available space and coordinating with Downtown Evansville Development Corporation.
- Negotiate and manage lease agreements in accordance with E-REP policy.
- Ensure all tenants adhere to contractual obligations within client handbook and building policies.
- Maintain contract and tenant records in CRM (GrowthZone).
- Conduct tours and orientation of Innovation Pointe.
- Coordinate tenant billing with finance department.
- Provide client services and assistance with Phones, Parking, Copier/Fax, Mail, Cable, Internet, etc.
- Update all client directories and signage throughout the building
- Maintain facility needs of CoWork Evansville.
- Maintain facility needs of Makerspace.
- Other duties as assigned.
Key Qualifications and Personal Attributes:
- Undergraduate degree in facility management, business administration or relevant field
Experience and Skills:
- 2-4 years’ experience in facility or building management
- Advanced mechanical skills and knowledge of plumbing, HVAC, and other building systems
- Proficiency with repair tools and techniques
- Ability to lift heavy equipment and comfortable standing or walking for long periods of time.
- Positive attitude.
- Quick learner and proactive thinker.
- Results driven and self-motivated to meet the mission, vision, goals, and timeline of E-REP.
- Team focused mentality and self-starter.
- Must execute with the highest attention to detail.
- Able to meet deadlines on or before schedule.
- Committed to striving for continuous improvement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Able to work with diverse stakeholders including elected officials and community leaders.
- Able to effectively present information with internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to quickly learn a CRM tool (GrowthZone).
About the Evansville Regional Economic Partnership:
The Evansville Regional Economic Partnership (E-REP) was formed on April 1, 2021 as a result of a strategic alignment of three existing business organizations serving the Southwestern Indiana area – Southwest Indiana Chamber of Commerce (Chamber), Economic Development Coalition of Southwest Indiana (EDC) and the Growth Alliance for Greater Evansville (GAGE) as well as two separate Foundations—Southwest Indiana Chamber Foundation, Inc. and Quad County Development Commission, Inc. This unique and innovative partnership, which includes a 1,500-member Chamber of Commerce and Southwest Indiana’s two leading economic development organizations, represents a comprehensive approach to support the business community. The primary mission of E-REP is to encourage business attraction and expansion, job creation, and business investment to foster and promote a thriving economy throughout Southwest Indiana. By aligning the three organizations and the two foundations, E-REP provides a more comprehensive set of supports and services and is as the single point of contact for companies looking to locate or expand in Southwest Indiana. In addition, through effective and ongoing advocacy efforts, E-REP represents a powerful voice in promoting policies that foster a more business friendly environment throughout the region. The regional partnership with the Indiana Small Business Development Center continues with E-REP. Guiding Principles for E-REP:
- Operates regionally
- Commitment to equitable prosperity
- Small business is front and center
- Leverage the unique value of both the public and private sectors in delivering success
- Advances regional prosperity and global relevance
More information can be found at https://evansvilleregion.com