Effective: June 2022
Type: Full-time, Exempt
Reports to: SVP, Strategy & Operations
- Are you looking for a new challenge and opportunity to advance your career while working on transformational projects?
- Are you a proactive thinker able to anticipate the next step?
- Do you have strong attention to detail?
- Does the idea of building a better community and Evansville Region excite you?
The Evansville Regional Economic Partnership (E-REP) is passionate about building a stronger Evansville Region. The Program Coordinator’s primary role supports the Regional Economic + Acceleration Development Initiative (READI) including a $50 million grant awarded in December 2021. The Evansville Region’s vision is to build a nationally recognized place to call home, and READI funds will be used to enable the work. More information about READI can be found here: https://www.evansvilleregion.com/readi-program/.
This position is responsible for the administrative functions required to execute READI including communicating with individuals advancing potential projects and programs, building program timelines, organizing required documentation, coordinating payments and preparing updates. Duties require strict confidentiality in the handling of sensitive information, attention to detail and follow-through.
A successful Program Coordinator is a proactive thinker that utilizes strong organizational skills to keep administrative requirements of projects or programs within the READI initiative on track. The Project Coordinator’s everyday actions will exemplify the guiding principles of E-REP. The position operates regionally, commits to equitable prosperity, keeps small business front and center, leverages the unique value of both the public and private sectors in delivering success, and advances regional prosperity and global relevance.
Scope of Work
The role and responsibilities of the position will include but not be limited to the following:
- Serve as program coordinator throughout the lifecycle of the READI award including administration, monitoring and closeout.
- Oversee operations for the program including timelines and technical requirements.
- Assist with processing and reviewing all submitted READI projects or programs.
- Develop and coordinate monthly reporting with READI projects or programs.
- Maintain all administrative files and records for READI program including individual projects or programs.
- Serve as primary coordinator for the Southwest Indiana Regional Development Authority including preparing meeting materials, minutes and monthly reports.
- Coordinate with E-REP finance team on READI payments including required documentation for compliance.
- Monitor READI program expenditures including tracking individual project or program expenses.
- Assist with annual audit of the Southwest Indiana Regional Development Authority.
- Coordinate with READI partners including state partners, government leaders, community leaders and project partners.
- Understand compliance associated with the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds. READI is
considered federal funds and is allocated from the State of Indiana’s ARPA award.
- Provide technical assistance to other team members in the administration of grants and the development and implementation of economic and community development projects.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all activities and offerings within E-REP.
- Maintain activity reports and dashboards through use of E-REP’s CRM database (GrowthZone).
- Attend evening meetings and weekend events as required.
- This position will require travel to potential project or program partners throughout Posey, Gibson, Warrick and Vanderburgh Counties.
- Perform other related job duties as assigned.
Key Qualifications and Personal Attributes:
- Bachelor or Associates Degree preferred.
Experience and Skills:
- 1-2 years of professional experience preferred.
- Positive attitude.
- Quick learner and proactive thinker.
- Results driven and self-motivated to meet the mission, vision, goals and timeline of E-REP and READI.
- Team focused mentality and self-starter.
- Must execute with the highest attention to detail.
- Able to meet deadlines on or before schedule.
- Strong organizational skills including building program and project timelines.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Committed to striving for continuous improvement.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with particular emphasis on effectively communicating the federal grant guidelines required by READI.
- Administrative and clerical skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Able to work with diverse stakeholders including elected officials and community leaders.
- Able to effectively present information with internal and external stakeholders.
- Able to quickly learn a CRM tool (GrowthZone).
E-REP is proud to be an equal opportunity employer focused on fostering an inclusive workplace and committed to hiring a workforce comprised of diverse backgrounds, abilities, cultures and thinking styles.
About the Evansville Regional Economic Partnership:
The Evansville Regional Economic Partnership (E-REP) was formed on April 1, 2021 as a result of a strategic alignment of three existing business organizations serving the Southwestern Indiana area – Southwest Indiana Chamber of Commerce (Chamber), Economic Development Coalition of Southwest Indiana (EDC) and the Growth Alliance for Greater Evansville (GAGE) as well as two separate Foundations—Southwest Indiana Chamber Foundation, Inc. and Quad County Development Commission, Inc. This unique and innovative partnership, which includes a 1,500-member Chamber of Commerce and Southwest Indiana’s two leading economic development organizations, represents a comprehensive approach to support the business community. The primary mission of E-REP is to encourage business attraction and expansion, job creation, and business investment to foster and promote a thriving economy throughout Southwest Indiana. By aligning the three organizations and the two foundations, E-REP provides a more comprehensive set of supports and services and is as the single point of contact for companies looking to locate or expand in Southwest Indiana. In addition, through effective and ongoing advocacy efforts, E-REP represents a powerful voice in promoting policies that foster a more business friendly environment throughout the region. The regional partnership with the Indiana Small Business Development Center continues with E-REP. Guiding Principles for E-REP:
- Operates regionally
- Commitment to equitable prosperity
- Small business is front and center
- Leverage the unique value of both the public and private sectors in delivering success
- Advances regional prosperity and global relevance More information can be found at https://evansvilleregion.com