Effective: February 2022
Type: Full-time, Exempt Reports to: Vice President of Finance
- Do you pride yourself on being a detail-oriented team player with the ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines?
- Are you able to build efficient and sustainable financial reporting systems?
- Do you enjoy both working independently and collaborating with different levels of team members?
- Does the idea of building a better community and Evansville Region excite you?
- Can you hit the ground running?
The Evansville Regional Economic Partnership (E-REP) is passionate about building a stronger Evansville Region. The Senior Accountant is a key member of the financial team at E-REP and its affiliates bringing a systematic approach to financial administration. General functions under financial administration include bookkeeping & accounting, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting and audit compliance. The Senior Account will enhance the financial reporting infrastructure of E-REP and its affiliated organizations by building and improving current systems in place. A successful candidate has the ability to ensure that all accounting and financial functions are performed in an accurate and timely manner. E-REP leadership believes that each team member contributes directly to growth, success and culture of the organization. E-REP is seeking a candidate who loves a challenge and working with others to fulfill this role.
E-REP team members’ every day actions exemplify the guiding principles of the organization. The Senior Accountant operates regionally, commits to equitable prosperity, keeps small business front and center, leverages the unique value of both the public and private sectors in delivering success, and advances regional prosperity and global relevance.
How to Apply:
Ready to make a positive impact in the Evansville Region and throughout Southwest Indiana?
Applications are accepted through Indeed.com. To learn more, go to Indeed.com and search “Evansville Regional Economic Partnership” located in “Evansville, IN”. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Scope of Work
The role and responsibilities of the Senior Accountant will include but not be limited to the following:
- Manage daily fiscal affairs of the E-REP and its affiliates in a systematic approach for all financial areas including accounts receivable, accounts payable, chart of accounts, centralized financial management services, cash management, and the general ledger.
- Assistance with monthly closing process for all entities including account reconciliation, consolidation accounting and financial statement preparation.
- Responsible for all financial aspects of Chamber Master database administration (entering fees, canceling invoices/registrations, adding and dropping members and other tasks as needed).
- Research and implement technology/software to improve current financial systems working alongside Sr. Vice President of Strategy and Operations.
- Serve as primary financial resource for the Southwest Indiana Regional Development Authority which was recently awarded $50 million in federal grant funding.
- Serve as the primary financial resource for the Downtown Economic Development Corporation which will have approximately $20 million in economic development incentives associated with the entity.
- Payroll (Note: E-REP currently outsources its payroll processing and related tax filings)
- Assist with forecasting and budgeting.
- Assistance with preparation for the annual financial audits and all levels of audit and 990 compliance.
- Assist in support of employee benefits administration and interact with outside service providers as needed.
- Provide support at E-REP events as needed.
- Other duties as articulated by the Vice President of Finance.
Key Qualifications and Personal Attributes:
- CPA certification preferred but not required
- Bachelor of Science degree in accounting
- 5 to 7 years’ financial management experience in a complex organization or 3- 5 years of public accounting experience
- Continuous improvement mentality
- Highly organized and meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
- Adaptable, flexible team player. Possess a positive, can-do attitude when working with team and employees
- Strong communication (verbal and written), problem-solving, analytical and decision- making skills
- Extensive financial management and analytic capabilities, including revenue enhancement and cost center management
- General human resource knowledge, including policy and personnel management
- Knowledge of computerized accounting software (Note: Microsoft Dynamicsis our current system)
- Knowledge of non-profit and/or association funding models
- Proficiency in MS Word and Excel is essential
About the Evansville Regional Economic Partnership:
The Evansville Regional Economic Partnership (E-REP), was formed on April 1, 2021 as a result of a strategic alignment of three existing business organizations serving the Southwestern Indiana area – Southwest Indiana Chamber of Commerce (Chamber), Economic Development Coalition of Southwest Indiana (EDC) and the Growth Alliance for Greater Evansville (GAGE) as well as two separate Foundations—Southwest Indiana Chamber Foundation, Inc. and Quad County Development Commission, Inc. This unique and innovative partnership, which includes a 1,500-member Chamber of Commerce and Southwest Indiana’s two leading economic development organizations, represents a comprehensive approach to support the business community. The primary mission of the E-REP is to encourage business attraction and expansion, job creation, and business investment, to foster and promote a thriving economy throughout Southwest Indiana. By aligning the three organizations and the two foundations, the E-REP provides a more comprehensive set of supports and services and is as the single point of contact for companies looking to locate or expand in Southwest Indiana. In addition, through effective and ongoing advocacy efforts, the E-REP represents a powerful voice in promoting policies that foster a more business friendly environment throughout the region.
Guiding Principles for E-REP:
- Operates regionally
- Commitment to equitable prosperity
- Small business is front and center
- Leverage the unique value of both the public and private sectors in delivering success
- Advances regional prosperity and global relevance More information can be found at https://evansvilleregion.com