- Do you have the vision and foresight to provide strategic recommendations for the bigger picture?
- Do you have the ability to create a systematic approach for all financial areas?
- Are you a result-oriented leader?
- Does the idea of building a better community and Evansville Region excite you?
- Can you hit the ground running?
The Evansville Regional Economic Partnership (E-REP) is passionate about building a stronger Evansville region and is seeking a hands-on and participative C-suite executive leader as its Chief Financial Officer (CFO). The CFO is an integral part of the senior leadership team working with the CEO on strategy while responsible for overall financial administration for E-REP and its affiliated entities. The CFO serves as a senior advisor to the CEO and will proactively provide a clear and actionable financial strategy to execute on the vision and mission of the organization. The CFO also oversees human resources, facility vendor management, risk management and information technology functions. The CFO will be comfortable motivating, communicating, and influencing at all levels to ensure fiscal responsibility balanced with equitable mission investments.
The CFO is responsible for a $5-6 million annual budget and E-REP’s affiliated organizations which include E-REP Foundation; Impact EVV; Downtown Evansville Development Corporation; and Evansville Regional Sports Commission. A successful CFO will apply strategic vision to systematizing financial functions throughout the organization.
E-REP team member’s every day actions exemplify the guiding principles of the organization. The CFO operates regionally, commits to equitable prosperity, keeps small business front and center, leverages the unique value of both the public and private sectors in delivering success, and advances regional prosperity and global relevance.
How to Apply:
Applications are accepted through Indeed.com. To learn more, go to Indeed.com and search “Evansville Regional Economic Partnership” located in “Evansville, IN”. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Scope of Work
The role and responsibilities of the Chief Financial Officer will include but not be limited to the following:
Strategic Thinking and Partnership Mindset
· Develop and monitor the implementation of long-range financial plans in conjunction with the President & CEO and the Finance Committee, including setting targets for organizational growth
· Develop and maintain internal financial-management policies and procedures, performance measures, and dashboards
· Contribute to the development of an organizational strategy and justifying it with market insight
· Plan 3-5 years ahead into the organization’s long-term strategy
· Provide technical financial support to Downtown Evansville Development Corporation in real estate investments
· Foster a culture of innovation which includes piloting new activities, new revenue sources, and IT system enhancements
· Advise the President & CEO and the Board of Directors on fiscal policy and issues of strategic importance to the E-REP’s financial management
· Manage daily fiscal affairs of the E-REP and its affiliates in a systematic approach for all financial areas including accounts receivable, accounts payable, chart of accounts, centralized financial management services, cash management, balance sheet development, and the general ledger
· Monitor financial reports to ensure revenue targets are met and expenses are controlled
· Prepare monthly financial reports with accompanying account reconciliation documentation including consolidating information for the E-REP
· Review and update calculations for the E-REP’s sales, general administrative costs, and overhead costs to be assigned to various departments and programs
· Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting
· Maintain banking relationships and work with board investment committee on organization’s investment portfolio
· Oversee implementation of the payroll system for the E-REP (Note: E-REP currently outsources its payroll processing and related tax filings)
· Assist E-REP in the implementation of a dues/investment structure for membership based upon best practices in the field
· Oversee all efforts in preparation for the annual financial audit and assist with all levels of audit compliance
· Oversee all facets of risk management programs and the maintenance of adequate insurance protection
· Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants
· Be a hands-on, team-oriented leader with highly developed interpersonal skills, adept as an influencer and negotiator
· Facilitate increased collaboration across the organization’s team members
· Provide overall leadership and guidance to human-resources function, including employee benefits program
· Serve on Senior Leadership Team and lead Finance Committee
Other duties as assigned
Key Qualifications and Personal Attributes:
· CPA certification preferred
· 7 to 10 years’ senior financial management experience in a complex organization or 6 to 8 years of public accounting experience
· Real estate financing knowledge preferred
· Ability to partner and provide strategic level input to senior leadership and the ability to influence others at all levels of the organization
· Demonstrated experience with attracting and developing high performance teams and a positive culture
· Strong strategic planning skills including execution expertise
· Highly organized and meticulous attention to detail and accuracy
· Adaptable, flexible team player
· Possess a positive, can-do attitude when working with team and employees
· Strong communication (verbal and written), problem-solving, analytical and decision-making skills
· Extensive financial management and analytic capabilities, including revenue enhancement and cost center management
· Financial forecasting skills
· General human resource knowledge, including policy and personnel management
· Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and managing relationships with software vendors; knowledge of accounting and reporting software(Note: Microsoft Dynamics is our current system)
· Proficiency in MS Word and Excel is essential
· Knowledge of non-profit and/or association funding models
· Experience with coordination of year-end external audits
About the Evansville Regional Economic Partnership:
The Evansville Regional Economic Partnership (E-REP), was formed on April 1, 2021 as a result of a strategic alignment of three existing business organizations serving the Southwestern Indiana area – Southwest Indiana Chamber of Commerce (Chamber), Economic Development Coalition of Southwest Indiana (EDC) and the Growth Alliance for Greater Evansville (GAGE) and two separate Foundations—Southwest Indiana Chamber Foundation, Inc. and Quad County Development Commission, Inc. This unique and innovative partnership, which includes a 1,500-member Chamber of Commerce and Southwest Indiana’s two leading economic development organizations, represents a comprehensive approach to support the business community. The primary mission of the E-REP is to encourage business attraction and expansion, job creation, and business investment, to foster and promote a thriving economy throughout Southwest Indiana. By aligning the three organizations and the two foundations, the E-REP provides a more comprehensive set of supports and services and is as the single point of contact for companies looking to locate or expand in Southwest Indiana. In addition, through effective and ongoing advocacy efforts, the E-REP represents a powerful voice in promoting policies that foster a more business friendly environment throughout the region.
Guiding Principles for E-REP:
· Operates regionally
· Commitment to equitable prosperity
· Small business is front and center
· Leverage the unique value of both the public and private sectors in delivering success
· Advances regional prosperity and global relevance
More information can be found at https://evansvilleregion.com
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
E-REP Office follows the CDC guidelines.
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- financial management: 7 years (Required)
- CPA (Preferred)
Work Location: In person