Effective: August 2023
Type: Part Time
Reports to: CFO
- Do you believe in continuous improvement?
- Are you able to create and analyze financial reports?
- Does the idea of building a better Evansville Region excite you?
The Evansville Regional Economic Partnership (E-REP) is on a mission to build a stronger Evansville region. E-REP is seeking a part-time Accounting Coordinator to work with our finance staff to produce accurate financial records for the organization, to process accounts receivable and accounts payable, to act as a backup for payroll processing and to provide various financial reports as needed.
A successful Accounting Coordinator uses continuous improvement to align E-REP’s organizational needs with its Impact work. The Accounting Coordinator’s everyday actions will exemplify the guiding principles of E-REP. The position operates regionally, commits to equitable prosperity, keeps small business front and center, leverages the unique value of both the public and private sectors in delivering success, and advances regional prosperity and global relevance.
Role and Responsibilities:
· Record day to day financial transactions and complete the posting process
· Process accounts payable and accounts receivable
· Enter data, maintain records and create reports
· Process bi-weekly payroll in a timely manner
· Process reimbursement requests
· Other duties as assigned
Key Qualifications and Personal Attributes:
- Associate degree from an accredited college or university with major coursework in accounting or a related field.
Experience and Skill:
- Five years of bookkeeping experience
- ·Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounts payable/receivable principles
- ·Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- ·Positive attitude
- Quick learner and proactive thinker
- ·Results driven and self-motivated to meet the mission, vision, and goals of E-REP
- ·Team focused mentality and self-starter
- Must execute with the highest attention to detail
- ·Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines on or before schedule
- ·Committed to striving for continuous improvement
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- ·Proficient with Microsoft Office and Outlook
E-REP is proud to be an equal opportunity employer focused on fostering an inclusive workplace and committed to hiring a workforce comprised of diverse backgrounds, cultures and thinking styles.
About the Evansville Regional Economic Partnership:
The Evansville Regional Economic Partnership (E-REP) was formed on April 1, 2021 as a result of a strategic alignment of three existing business organizations serving the Southwestern Indiana area – Southwest Indiana Chamber of Commerce (Chamber), Economic Development Coalition of Southwest Indiana (EDC) and the Growth Alliance for Greater Evansville (GAGE) as well as two separate Foundations—Southwest Indiana Chamber Foundation, Inc. and Quad County Development Commission, Inc. This unique and innovative partnership, which includes a 1,400-member Chamber of Commerce and Southwest Indiana’s two leading economic development organizations, represents a comprehensive approach to support the business community. The primary mission of E-REP is to encourage business attraction and expansion, job creation, and business investment to foster and promote a thriving economy throughout Southwest Indiana. By aligning the three organizations and the two foundations, E-REP provides a more comprehensive set of supports and services and is as the single point of contact for companies looking to locate or expand in Southwest Indiana. In addition, through effective and ongoing advocacy efforts, E-REP represents a powerful voice in promoting policies that foster a more business friendly environment throughout the region. The regional partnership with the Indiana Small Business Development Center continues with E-REP. Guiding Principles for E-REP:
- Operates regionally
- Commitment to equitable prosperity
- Small business is front and center
- Leverage the unique value of both the public and private sectors in delivering success
- Advances regional prosperity and global relevance More information can be found at https://evansvilleregion.com
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $20.00 per hour
Expected hours: 28 per week
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
E-REP adheres to the precautions set by the CDC and Vanderburgh County Health Department.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Evansville, IN 47708: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Bookkeeping: 5 years (Required)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
Work Location: In person