Effective: February 2023
Type: Internship, Temporary
Reports to: Manger of Events
Scope of Work
The Evansville Regional Economic Partnership (E-REP) is seeking a motivated, detail-oriented, and business-minded college intern. This position will work directly with the events team and will assist in the planning and execution of E-REP events. The E-REP Internship is structured to provide the intern with substantial and transferrable skills and experience to progress professionally and personally. The intern will be involved in priority initiatives and gain experience working with a diverse set of stakeholders across multiple sectors (public-private partnerships, private business, city government, and community organizations).
The E-REP is ideal for undergraduate in Business Administration, Project Management, Hospitality or a related field. The program is designed for ambitious individuals seeking not only to build a strong resume, but also to make an impact on the community as s/he further develops important skills critical to a successful career. Graduate students are also eligible to apply.
This is a paid internship. The intern is expected to work between 10 and 20 hours per week with a flexible schedule during E-REP’s normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.).
How to Appy:
Ready to make a positive impact in the Evansville Region? To be considered for the position, please email an application and cover letter to email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
We believe representation matters at E-REP. We strongly encourage people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, veterans, those with different abilities and individuals from other historically marginalized communities to apply.
Scope of Work
The E-REP Intern will work with the Manger of Events to assist in the execution of E-REP events from ideation to fruition.
Some of the specific initiatives in which the E-REP Intern may be involved include:
- set-up, tear-down and general coordination of a successful event.
Current E-REP Event Portfolio:
- Annual Events: Lunch with Lt. Governor, E-REP Classic Golf Outing, Lunch with the Governor, Young Professionals Alliance Conference, Annual Meeting and Dinner, Lunch with the Mayors, Economic Outlook Luncheon
- Semi-Annual and Quarterly Events; Posey County Quarterly Events, Alliance Quarterly Events, Legislative Series
- Monthly Events: E-REP Insider
Key Qualifications and Personal Attributes:
Eligibility for the E-REP Intern position is limited to:
- Undergraduate students currently enrolled in an accredited, 2- or 4-year undergraduate institution.
- Graduate students currently enrolled in an accredited program.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Junior, Senior or Graduate student preferred.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an ambitious self-starter seeking to use the opportunity to develop both personally and professionally, gain new perspectives and experiences, and make a lasting impact on the community in which s/he is serving.
- Strong people skills, ability to develop relationships and communicate with all levels of business management.
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and manage time effectively.
- Have strong interpersonal and written communication skills, time competency and organization skills, and a drive to practice and further develop skills learned in the classroom and/or through experience.
- Have strong interests in cities and community development, urban development, real estate, marketing, business, public policy or economics.
- Proficient in MS Office.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, lively office environment.
• Possess a valid driver’s license and provide own reliable transportation.