Supplier Development Program
The Supplier Development Program (SDP) aims to connect diverse, small business suppliers of goods and services with contract opportunities from larger organizations in the Evansville Region.
To participate, a supplier must have:
- At least 51% woman; veteran; or Black, Indigenous, People of Color (BIPOC)-owned
- One of the following: 1) one or more W2 employees on staff, 2) in business 2+ years,
OR 3) generating $200k in annual revenue
- Good standing with all applicable taxing entities
- Desire to grow/expand their business
Applicants will have an opportunity to discuss their needs and may be encouraged to participate in the next development cohort beginning September 2023. Cohort participants will:
- Participate in business planning and contract readiness training classes. Classes are scheduled Wednesdays 6pm-8pm, September 13th through December 13th, with a break Thanksgiving week.
- Regularly meet with a Southwest Indiana Small Business Development Center (SBDC) business advisor. Scheduling is flexible.
- Complete other tasks like obtaining one or more certifications (e.g. Minority, Women, Veteran or Disadvantaged Business Enterprise) and/or financing if needed.
Participation in the Supplier Development Program is no cost and made possible through a collaboration of the Evansville Regional Economic Partnership (E-REP), Southwest Indiana Small Business Development Center (SBDC), local universities and corporations.
Supplier Development Program applicants will be contacted within 10 business days by program staff to gather additional information.
Please note that participation in this program does not guarantee contract awards. Applications close end-of-day on Sunday, August 27th for the 2023 cohort beginning on September 13th.
Lead Business Partners:
Contract opportunities from these Lead Business Partners may be available to Supplier Development Program participants.