EVANSVILLE, Ind. (October 3, 2023) – The Evansville Regional Economic Partnership (E-REP) announces its enthusiastic participation in the recently unveiled Regional Economic Acceleration and Development Initiative 2.0 (READI 2.0) program. This groundbreaking initiative, introduced by Governor Eric Holcomb, promises an additional $500 million in funding for quality of place projects across the state of Indiana.
The READI 2.0 program builds upon the success of its predecessor, READI 1.0. In READI 1.0 the Evansville Region was awarded $50 million which has already supported over 20 transformative projects in our region, from workforce housing in Gibson County to a riverfront strategic plan that spans Warrick, Vanderburgh, and Posey counties. This new wave of funding will allow our region to continue building a stronger and more resilient community.
E-REP CEO, Tara Barney, stated, “We are deeply grateful for Governor Holcomb’s continued dedication to economic development in Indiana. READI 2.0 offers us the chance to not only enhance our region’s quality of place but also to position the Evansville region as a destination for talent, innovation, and economic growth.”
The READI 2.0 program presents a unique opportunity for our community to tackle challenges, seize opportunities, and enhance the overall appeal of Evansville and the surrounding region.
READI 2.0 timeline & information:
- September 2023 – February 2024: Regions develop funding proposals building on the goals in the applications submitted in 2021 during READI 1.0.
- September 2023 – February 2024: Indiana Economic Development Corp. (IEDC) visits each participating region to see READI 1.0 investments and discuss continued vision and strategy.
- December 2023: Q4 IEDC READI Forum.
- February 16, 2024: Regional goals and proposals due to the IEDC.
- April 2024: Proposed IEDC board approval of investment commitments and allocations to regions.
- May 2024: IEDC begins coordination with regions in identifying regionally significant projects based on the goals submitted.
Building upon the success of READI 1.0, E-REP and the Regional Development Authority (RDA) will lead the application process alongside strategic partners to further enable the region’s TALENT EVV community vision. E-REP is committed to communicating READI 2.0 updates and opportunities to the region and encourages all interested parties to visit the E-REP website to sign up for READI email updates.
“The READI 2.0 program will shape a brighter future for Southwest Indiana,” Barney added. Additional details on READI 2.0, including program structure, eligibility requirements, metrics, READI 2.0 goals and focus areas, application details, and more can be found at https://indianareadi.com/resources
About the Evansville Regional Economic Partnership
The Evansville Regional Economic Partnership (E-REP) leads economic development efforts for the Evansville, Indiana region and elevates the overall quality of life through transformational projects, planning, advocacy, and business engagement. Additionally, E-REP supports the attraction, startup, and growth of regional businesses.