Groenert to Begin Role as Chief Strategy Officer on January 8, 2024
EVANSVILLE, Ind. (December 11, 2023) – The Evansville Regional Economic Partnership (E-REP) announces that Justin Groenert has accepted the position of Chief Strategy Officer and will begin work in his new role on January 8, 2024. In his capacity as Chief Strategy Officer, Groenert will assume leadership responsibilities for all facets of E-REP’s aligned initiatives, focusing on delivering value to members, stakeholders, and partners through pro-economy public policies, strategic communications, and events.
Groenert will join the organization’s leadership team, which includes incoming CEO, Lloyd Winnecke, Josh Armstrong, E-REP’s Senior Vice President of Economic Development, and CFO Julie Probus. His early responsibilities will encompass the cultivation of robust relationships with E-REP’s 1400 members and the analysis of legislative and state policy proposals impacting members and the Evansville Region’s economy. Given Groenert’s previous experience with BridgeLink, particular attention will be directed towards the project, especially in the light of the recent announcement of construction schedules for ORX, the I-69 Ohio River bridge.
“Justin’s extensive background as a Chamber Executive, coupled with his expertise in public policy, positions him seamlessly as a leader of the extraordinary E-REP team. A familiar face to many of our members through his past role at the Southwest Indiana Chamber of Commerce, we eagerly anticipate his return to his hometown, where he will infuse our community with the valuable experience gained in Chattanooga,” expressed Tara Barney, CEO of E-REP.
For the past four years Groenert has served as the Vice President of Public Policy for the Chattanooga Area Chamber of Commerce. During his tenure with the Chattanooga Chamber, he achieved notable milestones in public policy, including:
- The creation and implementation of a three-year strategic plan and annual business plan for the Chattanooga public policy area.
- Creating “Chamber and Policy Chatts” social media strategies designed to engage members and partners in supporting high-performance local and statewide business policy.
- Organizing multiple events annually delivering member education and advocacy, including an annual Day at the Statehouse and a widely-regarded signature event—Federal Focus—effectively bridging Federal policy to the local economy.
Before joining Chattanooga, Groenert accumulated diverse experience, serving as Chief of Staff/Legislative Director for the Office of the Indiana Treasurer, Director of Government Relations and Public Policy for the Southwest Indiana Chamber, and Campaign Manager/Senior Advisor for Congressman Larry Bucshon.
His professional credentials include:
- CCE certification (Certified Chamber Executive) by the Association of Chamber of Commerce Executives
- IOM certification (Institute for Organization Management), an accreditation program by the U.S. Chamber that sets standards for excellence in chamber planning and recognizes chambers for exceptional contributions to positive community change.
Born and raised in Evansville, Justin Groenert is an alumnus of Memorial High School. He earned his Bachelor of Arts degree in Political Science from Western Kentucky University and obtained his Master of Public Administration from the University of Southern Indiana. Recognizing his accomplishments, the University of Southern Indiana honored him with the Alumni Achievement Award in May 2022.
About the Evansville Regional Economic Partnership
The Evansville Regional Economic Partnership (E-REP) leads economic development efforts for the Evansville, Indiana region and elevates the overall quality of life through transformational projects, planning, advocacy, and business engagement. Additionally, E-REP supports the attraction, startup, and growth of regional businesses.