Indiana Department of Labor Commissioner Joe Hoage recognized four Hoosier companies and six individuals on Wednesday for exemplary workplace-safety practices and advocacy during the annual Governor’s Workplace Safety Awards event.
The Governor’s Workplace Safety Awards event is part of the 2022 Indiana Safety and Health Conference and Expo. The annual event is hosted by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce and Central Indiana Chapter of the American Society of Safety Professionals in partnership with the Indiana Department of Labor.
“The dedication these companies and workers show to improving workplace safety is one example of what sets Hoosier businesses and employees apart from the rest of the nation,” said Hoage. “We are proud to honor these businesses as leaders in occupational safety and health.”
Indiana companies were recognized in the categories of education and outreach, partnerships, innovations, and rising star. The 2022 Governor’s Workplace Safety Award recipients are:
- Kimball Electronics, Jasper, Ind. — Education & Outreach
- The Skillman Corporation, Indianapolis, Ind. — Partnerships
- Toyota Material Handling, Inc., Columbus, Ind. — Partnerships
- Gribbins Insulation, Evansville, Ind. — Innovations
- Hoehn Plastics Inc., Poseyville, Ind. — Rising Star
- MasterBrand Cabinets, Inc., Ferdinand, Ind. – Rising Star
“This past year has really amplified how important it is for employers to prioritize a safety strategy and deliver that message to employees – for the health of both the individuals and the company,” said Indiana Chamber of Commerce President and Chief Executive Officer Kevin Brinegar. “We are pleased to recognize these organizations and leaders who continue to embrace workplace safety at the highest levels.”
The Everyday Safety Hero Award recognized Hoosiers who have championed workplace safety and health excellence in their respective workplaces. Individuals, who may not be safety and health professionals, were nominated by their peers or organizations. Winners were selected based on a narrative provided by their respective nominators.
The 2022 Everyday Safety Hero Award recipients are:
- Randy Miller, Maintenance Supervisor with Cardinal IG, Fremont, Ind
- Don Voegerl, Facilities Maintenance Team Lead with Kimball Electronics, Jasper, Ind.
- Scott Lewis, Clinton Plant Director with Sustainable Sourcing LLC, Lisle, Ind.
- Rob Seals, UAW 685 Safety Representative with Stellantis-Indiana Transmission Plant, Kokomo, Ind.
The annual Governor’s Workplace Safety Awards are a result of a partnership among government, business, and safety leaders including the Indiana Department of Labor on behalf of Gov. Eric J. Holcomb, the Indiana Chamber of Commerce, and the Central Indiana Chapter of the American Society of Safety Engineers. To learn more about the Governor’s Workplace Safety Awards program, please visit https://www.in.gov/dol/governors-workplace-safety-awards/. For more information about the Indiana Safety and Health Conference, please visit www.insafetyconf.com.