PlayREADI Request for Proposal (RFP) – While talent used to look for a job first and a place to live second, this sequence is being reversed as quality of place and lifestyle amenities increasingly determine where people will live and work. Active, healthy lifestyles and full social calendars are trumping big paychecks for many of today’s workers. The billions of dollars communities have invested in downtown development, bicycle and pedestrian trail networks, riverfront revitalization, recreation amenities, arts and cultural facilities, and sports stadiums are testament to the increasingly competitive battle to attract and retain talent. Utilizing an RFP process to award READI funding within the PlayREADI category as an incentive, the goal is to invest in quality of place as the Evansville Region strives to become a destination of choice for talent.
TIMELINE (playREADI RFP):
- May 11, 2022 – PlayREADI RFP posted here.
- May 25, 2022 – PlayREADI RFP information session to review RFP. Recorded information session will be here.
- May 25, 2022 – PlayREADI RFP Application is OPEN.
- Ongoing – December 2022 – RFP will be awarded on a rolling basis.
- RFP is open to any project or program to apply. Previously submitted RDP projects are eligible to apply.
Next steps for PlayREADI projects are to review the PlayREADI RFP and submit an application.
For projects outside of PlayREADI: